M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners

Welcome to The Midnight Runners guild.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWEBSITE LINK

Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Moonlake
Admin
Moonlake

Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK Empty
PostSubject: Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK   Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 9:20 pm

Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate
Heavy Armor (Chest) 1 56

Soulbound

792 Armor Class

Strength +19
Constitution +19
Dexterity +19
Hit Points +139
Accuracy +148
Damage +96

Activated Ability: Wrath of Nature
Transforms the wearer into a treant, preventing all damage taken by 20%, increases strength by 50, grants immunity to snare and stun effects, grants a 25 point damage shield, and reduces resistance to fire by 100. 30 Second Duration. 5 Minute Cooldown.

Item Level: 45 Weight: 10.00

Classes:
Cleric, Dread Knight, Paladin, Warrior

Ability Description:
Transforms the wearer into a treant, reducing all damage taken by 20%, increases strength by 50, grants immunity to snare and stun effects, grants a 25 point damage shield, and reduces resistance to fire by 100. 30 Second Duration. 5 Minute Cooldown.

...........................................................................................

Impervious Chitin Breastplate
(Chest) Impervious Chitin Greaves
(Legs) Impervious Chitin Pauldrons
(Shoulders)
864 Armor Class
+30 Dexterity
+15 Strength
+190 Hit Points
+144 Melee Accuracy Rating (3.89 vs lvl 50)
+77 Melee Mitigation Rating (2.08% vs lvl 50)
Activated Ability: Form of the Ichtakhta
...................................................................................,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited by Moonlake on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.zazzle.com/moonlake
Kedon
Admin
Kedon

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK   Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 12:29 am

Tough to say if yoy as me. You can make up the mitgation on other slots such as weapon and jewellry (dont forget there's a hard mitigation cap of 65% or so you cant go over no matter what) and with the con bonus Silverbark would give more hp.

Also the stats I gave ya for the Silverbark dont include the bonus it got with GU4, can add an extra 2 or 3 to the stats on the Silverbark accross the board.

Extra damage and accuracy on the Silverbark would be a help with aggro generation too and it has a much, much better clicky effect.

Really they're fairly close on paper so I dont think you can go wrong with either. Well proof is in the pudding as they say. Im getting Kalis this set so will have to see how he does at 50 with it.
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK   Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 2:18 am

One problem I see with relying on mit on a wep is that it limits you greatly to any wep, as you'll need one with mit.

The only other thing I'd say to bear in mind is that Dk's are quite heavily spell based, with probably 40% (guess) of our damage not coming from actually hitting stuff, so melee damage procs on our armor may not be as vital to holding aggro as it would a mainly melee tank. Also we use a two hander so lose a potential mit slot there over other classes.

So I think it may depend a lot more on your specific class and which set best suits it.

I know the dk website forum is pretty much unanimous that itchy is the way to go, to the point that only how to get the itchy set is featured as far as i know.

For me, hitting my mit cap was the main thing, to do this fully buffed I use the Itchy set, heg cloak, apw ring and 2x heg phages earrings. If I take one earring off I drop below mit cap so I think I'm about on the limit. Once I get the RI helm i think it will give me a bit more versatility as the itchy helm has no mit on it. Also I can usually get 10-11k hp buffed up and it leaves me free to play about with different weps.

Not saying my set up is the only or best way to go mind, thats the beauty of the game, nothing is set in stone. scratch
Back to top Go down
Kedon
Admin
Kedon

PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK   Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:15 am

Suppose that's a nice thing with warriors and their sole devotion to melee damage.

Can have some crafted long swords made with 2% mitigation on each sword for a total of 4%, get a nice proc effect thrown in on each for good measure. Though that doesnt give as much weapon flexibility as most would have.

Then the crazy hp from the Silverbark set should balance things out nicely.... Well on paper at least. Guess I'll find out when I get Kalis to 50 heh.

PS: Also the Shining Moon Light earring that drops in the swamp gives much better mit (about 1.6%) than Phage's.

Heh though I'm getting off track here talking about Warrior's arent I?
Back to top Go down
Stamm

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK   Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 6:18 pm

Quote :
Also we use a two hander so lose a potential mit slot there over other classes

Aye iv tried single hander and shield combo and it just doesnt compare to the bonus of using 2hander with defensive stance ( hate and mit ) cus then we get a bonus oh 26% block with weapon shield, i think its 28% at lvl 50 so DK's are literally forced to use 2handers. As for the armour choices i like the itchy set personally, seems that the effect form of the ichtakha adds around 900hps plus some other benifits for 30 seconds with a 5 minute refresh, now if u got fully buffed in a safe place then clicked this to get your extra hps and then used the necro meat buff for HP's/STR you are getting an extra 180odd hps from this affect for 1 hour(durration of the necro meat), wait your 5 minutes for your armour to refresh and then if on a boss or need to you have an extra pool of hps u wouldnt have from the other silverbark if its either or. otherwise i dont see why u couldnt cast it, buff and then change tunics for the extra str and damage. i know i wouldnt pass up an extra 200odd hps if it was on a tunic even if i would need a necro......
Back to top Go down
Kedon
Admin
Kedon

PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK   Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:59 am

Suppose when it comes to comparing the clicky effects I'll need to find out if the Silverbark's 20% damage reduction for 30 secs is a rune effect (and would thus not count towards the mitgation cap) or a straight mitigation boost, which would make it fairly useless when fully buffed as you'd be capped at mitigation anyway.

Incidentally it is possible to get about 3-4%mitigation on a crafted two hander. But yes with DKs using spells to generate aggro so much the melee damage on the Silverbark wouldnt help much and make Impervious the better choice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK   Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shimmering Silverbark Breastplate V Impervious Chitin For DK
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners :: M.N.R. in General - THE MIDNIGHT RUNNERS :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: