M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners

Welcome to The Midnight Runners guild.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWEBSITE LINK

I was wondering....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Charakan

Charakan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2010-05-04

I was wondering.... Empty
PostSubject: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:59 pm

I was wondering if any of the Runners were active in any games at the moment as I've decided to return to playing MMOs as Pen and Paper gaming is bloody expensive ! (I could've built a new PC on what I've spent on books, printer ink and paper!). So if anybodies active in any games I might stop in and say Hi, I have resubbed to Darkfall but its a bit lonely, most people seem to be vets with maxed out characters.

Take it easy folks.
Back to top Go down
Malty
Admin
Malty

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:32 am

I'm still in Vanguard, but in hotf now... so if you pop in, thats where to find me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freddric

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:22 am

Drowkher and Yamakami play AoC for a couple hours sometimes we see Murgos around. What a Face
Back to top Go down
nandy
Admin
nandy

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:26 am

still in aion , and i sometimes see gallin and coobee
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:46 pm

Thanks for the Info folks, my Aion account got hacked, so that really put me off opening up another one, I do have an AoC account but am not a fan of the game, looks like I'll have to stick it out with Darkfall, I did pre-order Dc Universe but that isn't due for release until November.

Take it easy.
Back to top Go down
Termok Vulgarth

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 8:17 pm

I'm more or less active on Star Ttreck online also.
And indeed pen and paper RPG are kinda expensive. (and I don't want to know the worth of my collection)
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:36 am

Hmm, I was in STO closed beta and while its fun I couldn't see it holding my interest long term, I find myself wondering what your favourite pen and paper games are Termok? My favourtites are Traveller (Mongoose and Hero versions), Call of Cthulhu, Runequest and WEG D6 Star Wars system (I have all the books for the SAGA Edition as well), I enjoy Pathfinder for D&D 3.5 type games though I'm not a fan of the default setting.
Back to top Go down
Termok Vulgarth

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:02 pm

Lots.
More precisely, at the moment, I'm enjoyeing Victoriana, Qin (as a GM and a player) and shadowrun 3rd edition. I'm much of a collector though my means are limited. I do have a couple or so editions of Traveler but I've yet to start the mongoose one collection (is that much different from original traveller or megatraveller ?).
I Gmed both Runequest and CoC (in my youth 20 years ago or so (more like 23 actually)) and liked both though I'm rather poor as a CoC GM.
I love Rifts and I never managed to get beyond ADD2nd edition (I find the typo of the 3rd ed un readable and I don't like much the 4th direction).

As for SW, though the saga edition is the most beatifull, the d6 one is still my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Mongoose Traveller, is in a way, Classic Traveller 2.0 its essentially a rationalistion of CT built around a more coherent dice mechanic, basic roll is still 2d6 plus stat and skill modifiers plus or minus difficulty. Hope that helps Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:44 am

If anyones got any suggestions for MMOs I could try could they pop them in this thread, I doubt anyone is going to come up with anything I haven't played but I might get lucky! I'm gettting frustrated with Darkfall, the lack of skill cap makes it impossible to catch up with the Vets and no-lifers, getting ROFLStomped by geezers who blast you with a couple of rays or 3 hit you R60 weapons and maxed out weapon masteries is starting to get old, I don't mind full loot pvp but the lack of small scale pvp and anything resembling a fair fight is just ridiculous, which is a shame as I like the FPS style mechanics and it has brilliant PVE as well.

Resubbed to LOTRO, but looking at a 10 gig download when I'm only getting 200k from the ftp server is annoying, I actually tried downloading the American F2P client and was getting double the speed! /rant off!

Anyway looking for something a little diifferent, all suggestions welcome.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:30 am

Termok, I think I made Mongoose Traveller sound like a just a rehashed Classic Traveller, I was going to post a lengthy diatribe about the differences when I remembered there is actually a System Reference Document that gives a good overview of the system, its available here, I would say its a lot more playable than Megatraveller out of the box due to Megatravellers poor editing and bloated errata.

Anyaway heres the link to the SRD.

Hope it helps.

http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/travdevpack.zip
Back to top Go down
Termok Vulgarth

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:53 pm

Thanks, or may be not Smile as I might be induced at starting to collect it.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:44 pm

Termok Vulgarth wrote:
Thanks, or may be not Smile as I might be induced at starting to collect it.

No Problem, I've decided its the only pen and paper I'm going to carry on buying stuff for, its the only one I really want to play, I have the D20 version of Traveller but I'm not a big D20 fan and the Classic Traveler reprints from Far Future Enterprises but I'm sticking with Mongoose warts and all, plus I have plenty of other Traveller stuff in legitimate PDF. A word of warning if you don't have a good local gamestore and you decide to buy off the net I'd get the Core rulebook, mercenary and high guard direct from Mongoose as your guaranteed to get the second printing without the errors that marred the first printing. My Mongoose problem is that I pay for it twice as I buy the legitimate pdfs off DTRPG to have on my computer to work stuff up from. Mind you I only by the 3rd Imperium stuff for MGT, I don't bother with the Babylon 5, 2000 AD RPG stuff or any of the third party settings, though I might by Cthonian Stars (Sci Fi meets Cthulhu from the people who did the Cthulhutech) and will get the cybernetics book when it comes out in december even tough it doesn't exactly fit with a straight 3I setting.

Hmm wish their was a Traveller MMO, don't suppose anyones got a hundred million dollars and a dev team they could lend me Very Happy .

Termok, have you used any virtual tabletops? I bought Fantasy Grounds but haven't got round to using it yet, If you have what were your experiences and are there any you'd recomend? I've been toying with the idea of trying to locate members of my old group from when I was a teenager and getting them together over for a game over the net.
Back to top Go down
Termok Vulgarth

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Sorry, no virtual tabletop.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:45 pm

Termok Vulgarth wrote:
Sorry, no virtual tabletop.

Ok its probably nostalgia and looking at things through rose coloured glasses on my part anyway, in the harsh light of day they were good mates (guys I went to school/college with) but they weren't that good a group of players, though they have probably changed alot in the last 25 years or so, that is if they were still interested in gaming.

Oh well back to writing my MGT campaign, this stuff doesn't write itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I was wondering....   I was wondering.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I was wondering....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners :: M.N.R. in General - THE MIDNIGHT RUNNERS :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: