View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nandy
Admin

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: run-by-waving   Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:40 pm

hey guys,
i hope u r all having fun in d&d.but should u be bored here are some news form rift.

most of the stuff in rift u guys didnt like, has been changed. playing on a pve server, and in contested areas, have so far not gotten me ganked by pk's.
the consentual pvp in the battlegrounds is very daoc and wow like if u guys remember how bgs wre there in the beginning.
dungeon contense seems very nice, and the areas ive visited so far are very nice looking.
as u all know im not that fond of quests, but there is an abundance of them, and u dont seem ( at this point) able to run out of quests to bring u further on in the story /contense.
they make big events, and the servers dont boot u ( as we used to be used to in old uo and other older games) they actually seem to run pretty smooth, even on my old hackboard of a puter, even w hen there is a LOT of ppl around.
one is running now; about alesbeth, one of regulos the shadows minions, is trying to reassemble his body and bring him forth into the world. its running over a couple of months it seems. with daily quests, event quests and VERY nice rewards.
on the crafting note, t he gathering has become easier ( more nodes), but the crafting itself is still what ud call easymode, but it compares very nicely to drops, so it is nice to be a crafter, u can actually sell ur stuff, as its slightly better usualy than drops of same lvl.

should anyone feel a new interest build up, maltie, ked and i are on same server as we were on in beta: blightweald.
my chars are ask and urt. ( ask is a woodsort =D i think u call it ash in england)

nan

Admin

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: run-by-waving   Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:50 pm

Hi Naaaaaaaaaaaan!

Well, me and Moonie are really enjoying DDO although we've not been on very much in the last fortnight at all really. Been a bit busy in RL, plus with the fine weather after so long stuck indoors, we're making the most of that too. So out a lot taking pics and then tired when we get home.

Glad you guys are enjoying Rift. TBH I just don't think I could play it. I know moonie didn't want to because of the PvP, but for me it was a lot more than that. I'd actually been pretty unable to get into it right from the early Beta's and by Beta 4 I think it was, I'd stopped playing pretty much altogether. I won't go into reasons why, as It's not very nice to slag off something that you guys are having fun with, but then add to that the price x2 and I just couldn't justify buying it to sit on the shelf after a month next to Aion and FFXIV.

I had thought that Fred an Ghil were gonna give it a try though. Guess they got caught up in DDO.

Great to cya not forgotten us though Nan !

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogerhall/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freddric

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: run-by-waving   Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Hello Nandy. Rift does sound pretty nice and has a few character features I enjoy but I am really enjoying DDO. I enjoy all the dungeons and
all the scary traps but they just bounce off my super monk Very Happy I will give Rift a try maybe later when I loose interest in DDO. Till then hope you
have fun and not to much deaths pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brewswiller
Admin

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: run-by-waving   Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:24 am

WOT ! Shocked

Not too many deaths. Wot they done with OUR Nandy ????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nandy
Admin

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: run-by-waving   Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:50 pm

still the queen fo dying im afraid
that one thing will never change i guess =D

Admin

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-07-13