M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners

Welcome to The Midnight Runners guild.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWEBSITE LINK

Character Traits and Point allocation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2007-11-17

Character Traits and Point allocation Empty
PostSubject: Character Traits and Point allocation   Character Traits and Point allocation Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Ok so lucky old me I got a lecture from a level 90 monk who told be a bit about the traits and points,
if you look at the top of the screen my slider shows 51 its supposed to from the start be set at 40
like i knew? where is the info for that one then?

Anyway apparently if not set at end game you regret it, oddly everyone has been gaining faster than
me and *cough* not realising why I have been moaning for over a week lol, because I slowed me down
to get the max amount of points *shrug*.

Anyway some are not sure about point allocation for the following set of boxes, go with what makes sence
such as me im wis based to I need to throw max in wis or I run out of healing power, but I did give my 28 a
bit of muscle so that the agro thumps don't kill me equally. Nowt wrong with standing up in my oppinion and
the other choices were not an issue.

Were all new to this so we learn as we go and all that, and thanks to a kid of 13 (I seem to gather them :P )
he asked questions and when my answeres such as the slider bar were not right, his dad took over explaining
that bit :P

And I have to say I am a lot hardier, dodge sused out the first lot of boxes and they are rather self explanitory
you get them at different levels as u can see. And I am sure he can explain any questions as you know im not
that good at explaining stuff Very Happy but showing should help a bit.

Character Traits and Point allocation Traits10
Character Traits and Point allocation Traits11

Character Traits and Point allocation Trait310
Character Traits and Point allocation Trait410

Dont forget even a dk needs power so know your toonies *shrug* bottom line
check your stats what you are what you will be etc, I only can say on
healer :P

Last edited by Admin on Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://themidnightrunners.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Spells   Character Traits and Point allocation Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Well yes their obvious but they also have a pattern.

Character Traits and Point allocation Spells10

I set mine out for my own comfort right click on the box gives u new boxes you can move by using F10

This is my comfy for me set-up.

1st box these are my main spells, we have a little spell thats heroic .... that is the second square across the top there
that looks like an ankh, its greyed out.

So my spell for nuke and heroic is
Root
Heroic
The blue arrows
the next down on the left
the next rince and repeat.

UNLESS I am solo and less than three mobs, I do my heroic combo for boooom nuke boom and can use the others
more than 2 mobs carefully pace out your spells or you are running out of power fast.

Combat regen is slow but then it always has been, so a tank will have more down time, but
and it is important, out of combat regen IS sped up by eating and drinking, don't use food and water
then don't moan about power Very Happy Very Happy im so forward lol, my level 90 lecture included food and water
and we can get food (my little cheff is still very little) will be able to eventually make in combat food
(who the hell eats while weilding a sword i dont know but there u are)

My heals are all together and boy I use every one when were in a large group, especially my heal over time.
Good old dave takes quite a bashing :P

THE HEROIC:
Each of the spells on the heroic bar thing, flash, they flash so you know which to hit to get kabooom,
so put your flashing kaboom spells together, makes life far easier.
Back to top Go down
Nexxus
Admin
Nexxus

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Character Traits and Point allocation   Character Traits and Point allocation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 11:47 am

Like I said on Vent yesterday... Macro them, and it will make your life even easier! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.playboy.com
shad
Admin
shad

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Character Traits and Point allocation   Character Traits and Point allocation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 2:11 pm

hmm, the only prob i find with the 3 macro solution is that many of my spells/abilities are situational, esp on my tank. For example a big damage dealing lifetap that only fires every 2 minutes on a macro could fire while the mob only has one hitpoint left and would be wasted killing an almost dead mob as another with full life pounds on us, or I lifetap just one hitpoint off an almost dead mob. A healer may have similar issues I think due to mana conservation.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Character Traits and Point allocation   Character Traits and Point allocation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 2:28 pm

No you can't macro a healer at all not for spells either, because as that macro goes off
you could need to put in a heal so no option for that. Good for rogues and casters though
who don't need to sit on their mits Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nexxus
Admin
Nexxus

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Character Traits and Point allocation   Character Traits and Point allocation Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 5:27 pm

shad wrote:
hmm, the only prob i find with the 3 macro solution is that many of my spells/abilities are situational, esp on my tank. For example a big damage dealing lifetap that only fires every 2 minutes on a macro could fire while the mob only has one hitpoint left and would be wasted killing an almost dead mob as another with full life pounds on us, or I lifetap just one hitpoint off an almost dead mob. A healer may have similar issues I think due to mana conservation.

Simple problems have simple solutions... just leave that one out then!
Problem solved Smile

But on the other hand... I'm not so sure any of us has the wits about us, that we in the heat of the battle and under those few second we have to utilize a heroic, have time to study every potential mob around us and consider their health to such degree. Well, of course you do as you like, I'm sure you can come up with a system that works. I mean, if you have let's say 3 different attacks that lights up for a heroic, by the time you have analyzed all the mobs around you, and decided if you should use your life tap or not, it may have cost you the heroic opportunity, and by that, make it harder for the whole party to build up some massive damage.
The heroic opportunity is a chapter of itself, and the whole party build them up together, and sometimes you need to build them in certain order etc. So what I mean with this is that suppose you have a mob that is at 1 health, and your heroic is on, and it demands you to use an attack that contains your lifetap, and your lifetap is the only one available, it's better for the damage the party can do, to fire it, than hold on to it sometimes.

Also worth to note, is that you can abort attacks, and also macros, so if you see that your macro is about to fire that lifetap, and you don't want it to... just abort and attack with something else.
I'm not saying my system with 3 buttons is the best, it works for me for the moment. But I think you will all need to work out macros that suits you. I think that macros is unavoidable as the quests and mobs gets tougher.

Apart from that... all I have found about AA's seems to point to that you should have it set to 50/50. That will slow down leveling quite a bit, but on the other hand, you won't out-leveling your gear and dungeons etc.
You can still get your AA points after your level cap, you will only miss out on normal combat experience for it. You will still get it from doing quests, and discover things etc. Seems AA is a pretty new thing in EQ2.
So you will still get your AA after capping, but you maybe a bit behind and have to work harder to get them after been capped. Setting AA to 100% is also a way to stop leveling and only gain AA, but you already knows that I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.playboy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Traits and Point allocation   Character Traits and Point allocation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Traits and Point allocation
Page 1 of 1