M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners

Welcome to The Midnight Runners guild.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWEBSITE LINK

SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Charakan

Charakan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2010-05-04

SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing Empty
PostSubject: SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing   SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 7:10 pm

A lot of the general consensus outside the fanboy clique is that SWTOR has a great story but is a mediocre MMO, standard theme park fare. I must admit I'm a little dubious about playing given the amount of asshats I've seen in MMO launches theses days - Rifts launch being a prime example and some of the people I met when I played WoW over 6 years ago. I spent a few days in Rift a couple of months ago and the community had vastly improved (though taken a big population hit).

I don't know, I really don't need another cookie cooker MMO with the launch community full of WoW kiddies acting up.

Are you going to play - what are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing   SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:32 pm

well sci fi isn't my think so i'll be passing. I know what ya mean about the knob heads inhabiting mmo launches though. Rift beta 5 was more than enough for me and I'm sure played a huge part in my rejection of the game tbh.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing   SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:31 am

I should point out Shad that Star Wars isn't Sci Fi - its fantasy set in space - hence the force powers and swords, but I'm just nit picking. Anyway I think I'll give it a look at tea time and see whats its like - playing Skyrim has given the urge to play RPGs again. If not I've got 75 days for free in EQ2 so maybe I'll come and have a kick round in there, but I'm not starting in Darklight wood - it depresses me!
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing   SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 1:04 am

So my thoughts so far after a few hours, the game is OK, nothing special - just ok. It seems pretty bland, I kind of got bored with my Trooper after a while, it just seemed a lot of the same stuff over and over again. The engine is polished and runs great even on older machines with a lot of activity on screen, but it just didn't grab me. I liked the cut scenes and story line stuff it was interesting but not enough to hold me to buy it. I wasted £5 on a preorder which isn't that bad. On the whole its definitely aimed at the WoW market and SW Fans. After about 12 hours in game I can say I'm done, on the whole a pretty bland game.
Back to top Go down
Termok Vulgarth

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2009-05-03

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing   SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:20 pm

I must say that while not as disappointed as you seem to be, I think the best way to describe what I've seen over the week-end is not as ass-kicking as announced. That being said, I will give it a prolonged try as I've not bought Skyrim (UWO takes all my time). So if some of you do it too, I'll check (if they don't mind) so that we go on the same server.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing   SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SWTOR - I'm a little dubious about playing
Page 1 of 1