M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners

Welcome to The Midnight Runners guild.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWEBSITE LINK

Anyone considering The Secret World

Go down 
+2
shad
Charakan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Charakan

Charakan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Anyone considering The Secret World Empty
PostSubject: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:20 pm

So Horror/Conspiracy Theory MMO The Secret World Launches on June 19th.

Is anyone considering playing - personally I'm up for anything that breaks the fantasy mould.

What are your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:28 pm

Hmm, nothing grabbing me at all tbh. I've had a really nasty virus since xmas mind that has floored me so that could be something to do with it.

Been playing Skyrim, Dragonage, Tropico 4, Civ 5 etc lately, more just to chill out and pass the time.

I think i'm just getting too old for social games. I just don't seem to have the energy or the inclination to argue with people any more. In the four months we played EQ2 I don't think I once spoke to anyone I didn't already know and I stopped playing World Of Tanks because I just got tired of being called a noob by a bunch of Eastern European Peasants and developed a satisfaction for killing my own team.

A few of us played ddo again a wee bit, but I don't think anyones heart was in it so I cancelled again.

I think we were lucky to experience UO in its early days, at its peak around the turn of the millenium, it was really something special, free from expectation and pre concieved ideas and unbound by the chains of corporate dictatorship. It was just pure fun and proper adventure, not formulaic, hand held, on rails progress by unimaginitive instruction following.

Wow, that was deep affraid (and kinda whiney)
Back to top Go down
Nexxus
Admin
Nexxus

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:15 am

C'mon you old whining dead noob...
I still play the tanks, while waiting for Guild Wars 2 or something better to show up... Smile
But as you said... I don't think ddo is that fun, so I keep to the simple tanks for the time being.
Back to top Go down
http://www.playboy.com
shad
Admin
shad

Number of posts : 1334

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 1:17 am

dood, not seen you in ages!

Did you get your new Jag?
Back to top Go down
Freddric

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 6:12 am

Ghil found a new strategy in tanks, he finds a spot to roast marshmallows while his friends get killed. You can prolly sit by him and bring the wieners, pretty sure he will let you sit with him to cover the enemies bullets.
Back to top Go down
Nexxus
Admin
Nexxus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:31 am

Well of course you haven't seen me in ages if you just sit in a corner playing single-player games and refuse to be social Smile
Yes, got the Jag... a silver with black hood. Still waiting for the Swedish number-plates, but think they will show up today.
Was very scary driving on the wrong side of the road I have to say... but it all vent well, as I had my navigator, and made sure to have a car in front to follow through roundabouts and stuff Smile
But apart from that it all went smooth. Flew in to Gatwick, took a bus to Heathrow, and from there a local bus a few miles, then I just walked in and bought the car with my creditcard. Easy-peasy... It drives like a dream... the only thing that is worrying me is that it has a lot of electric that can/will break eventually. But apart from that it's really nice with a cab with 300bhp automatic and cruise-control acc etc... feels like a big step up from the old jag. It's a pity I didn't have the time to visit, but it took me the whole weekend to get home. Had to drive through France, sleep over in Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and Denmark... and then almost as much again up through Sweden to get home. But it was a fun trip I have to say.

Don't mind Fredd as he is just jelous that I have a Löwe and he only have the KV-5...

You should get one of the premium ones, and then they will only call you gold-noob instead! Cool
I'm driving the IS-3 now (tier VIII), and I have realized that you can't maintain a "Tier VIII" tank, without a premium to bring in the cash for the others. Very smart of them.

Anyway, even without a premium account you can always drop in and say hello as it's "free to play" No
Back to top Go down
Moonlake
Admin
Moonlake

Number of posts : 704

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 11:50 am

Where is the pic of the car? you forgot to include it, we wont even beleve it's not a cheep rust bucket without one, and it has to be all polished or that won't work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zazzle.com/moonlake
Nexxus
Admin
Nexxus

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 5:42 pm

Sorry,no pics onthe car yet... but I will work on it Smile
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 6:17 pm

I'm shocked that Shad can't be arsed to argue with anyone it must have been one hell of a virus I thought you could argue for England on an international level given some of your posts on the VG Forums - I think I remember you calling Raijinn a cock or something similar!

Maybe your having one of those midlife jobbies - I suggest spending vast amounts of money on an exceptionally fast motorcycle to race Nexxus' Jag, mind you given your career in the ambulance service you've probably scraped enough riders off the pavement to deter you from this.

I should point out that TSW has a skill based tree with over 600 skills.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Moonlake wrote:
Where is the pic of the car? you forgot to include it, we wont even beleve it's not a cheep rust bucket without one, and it has to be all polished or that won't work.

Yah I agree with Moony - in the parlance of our time - pics or it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Freddric

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 3:15 am

instead he just bought himself a rocking chair and a cane to match.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:30 pm

While we're at it I resubbed to SWTOR today for a month - if anyone wants a 7-day trial let me know and I'll bung one your way before the months up.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 8:35 pm

Managed to wangle a closed beta key for this today and bugger up processing my pre-order because there wasn't enough left on my card, upshot is they cancelled my pre-order and I get to play the full CB for free plus I'm £40 better off. I'll let you know what I think as soon as NDA is dropped.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:33 pm

TSW Closed Beta Keys available here:

http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaway/the-secret-world-closed-beta-giveaway/

There's quite a few left. get 'em while there hot - you need to register for a free account.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 12:00 pm

I think Fred is right
still no picture of the car
either its the ugliest thing ever
or it's a zimer frame one with a seat
and a little bell to let everyone know hes shuffling along,
and some tassels on the ends of the handles for cool effect.

And how can you "work on it" that's not possible
pic needed asap or we loose all well not respect as we never had that anyway :P
loose um um um trust ya not that I trust u but it's as good as i can think of.

Skyrim should be an mmo without pvp and as is not messed with, I have all the houses now
if it were an mmo i'd be rich :P
Back to top Go down
https://themidnightrunners.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone considering The Secret World   Anyone considering The Secret World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone considering The Secret World
Page 1 of 1