View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kinky Goblin
Admin

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:21 am

hey there.. you have to love an ex guildy *cough* for making these types of posts.

firstly let me say this post is totally unsolicited from anyone and I fear it will be a nasty surprise to shad who I love dearly...

My suggestion is this based on 2 facts which i will state first.

1) we (mnr) are unlikely to get beyond gnome village in our current state. TSS cant get beyond X77 right now so the same can be said.

2) the major issues (not withstanding personal feelings) that prevented any MNR and TSS cooperation were Banlrons relationship with Shad and mine with Aen.

So I am proposing that we (MNR) offer through Orakio (or better me Wink )that TSS and MNR share raids in APW fr Vicus and beyond every sunday night. 1 man min, 9 man per guild max... if one puts in 9 and one puts in 1 so be it (doubt thats gonna happen).

What do you think... All I am trying to do is facilitate a raiding mechanism NO MORE... anyone that knows me will tell you how hard it will be for me personally to sort this with aen (and I will do if its desired),

This in no way will lead to a guild merger etc etc as I think mnr and tss have gone in very seperate directions if you look at their boards but I do think that common ground could be achieved for this type of thing...

my motives.. to be honest none, I have lined up a raid guild so none their and I would prefer to see APw objectives met by a grup of people that I think are/were friends... so do you think this could/would/is likely/is unlikely to happen.

I only ask that you (though I am not totally unselfish in this) give it thought. I do not know if TSS will agree or indeed if you will... I am merely tabling an idea that could be unpleasant for some... what I am after is honest unadulterated feedback, and for once if it is personal against me I can deal with it (ie no holds barred)

All I ask is this suggestion is kept COMPLETELY CONFIDENTIAL to these boards as I do want MNR to be in the better position if it comes off, and if it does not I dont want Aen to take some BS moral high ground.
And also I would rather that if it is made as a suggestion a genuine reaction to it is gained not a pre planned response.

/discuss.

ps - To EVERYONE, especially shad I am sorry I suggest this in such a public way, normally i would chat to you all but i think i would rather see peoples pure unfettered reaction to it... If in any way I overstep the mark then i am sincerely sorry and this post can deleted.

For whats its worth I think that if the raids are constructed in a way (maybe alternating guild lead??) that both guild can explore lower APw then it can only be a good thing...
As to why I am doing this speculate away that discussion id for shad and moony alone (and maybe cynn Wink that was meant to be tongue in cheek but i suspect it failed...)

Last edited by Kinky Goblin on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freddric

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:30 am

i would raid with them but i dont like the point system they have and i like to raid most weekends as well just i dont what to have to sign up for it either and i dont really care if im in group 4 as long as i get to kill stuff and explore
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinky Goblin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:35 am

wow a reply before I edited Wink and yes loot would be PURe rolling I suspect, but that is detail.....

so its all not bad... potentially it allows 12 of us to raid (3 in group 4 if needed to be adminstered internally).

thanks for your honesty Fredd...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freddric

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:37 am

haha no prob i like the ppl there just not the ideas
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freddric

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:45 am

also i like to add that i like the way mnr enter into a raid with the onscreen notes and also kedons expert advice that he has bottled in his little melon. he is such a perfectionist and i am not Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinky Goblin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:00 am

aye, tbh, I am not sure that Kedon realises how valuable that contribution is... but I have experienced a few raids outside of mnr.. and its MASSIVE.

so Kudos Monsieur Ked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexxus
Admin

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:22 am

I'm not where I stand in this issue ...

on one hand, sure I also want's us to move on in awp (although I am a bit sick of the place), on the other hand, however good the suggestion sounds, it could lead to some new issues again like the "Cass incident"

Unless the raid is done in the causual way it has been done in the past with the MNR, I'm not sure it will work for us. We have all gotten used to a certain pace etc.
Having loads of stranger in the group will lead to some tension.
Maybe we can handle that tension or not.

as for the loot system, the only thing that will work is what rashy said: /randome.

I can give it a try, although not on sundays I'm afraid. I have workday on monday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.playboy.com
Kedon
Admin

Number of posts : 414
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:43 pm

It may be worth trying, I think Vicus and beyond is sort of the point where 12 manning the place stops being a viable option if only in Swamp gear. But well, the devils in the details as they say. We need to know what kind of numbers and classes TSS can regularly field, how they feel about /random-ing the loot, how we work out who is going to sit out from time to time in Group 4 if more than 18 are in before we decide on anything.

Oh and I do agree with Ybarsi in that we should vary our dungeon runs up a bit more now and then, Bridge of Destiny (tough as nails), Shores of Darkness (though I HATE this place, worst grind in MMO history), Old Targonor (great loot and fun bosses) and of course finishing the helm questline in Rhaz are all viable targets for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexxus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:18 pm

Great idea Ked ...
Old Targ and Helm quests sounds good!
Maybe even the old mummy? Smile
I also enjoyed BoD even though we died, mostly becouse it's a refreshment from awp.
I'm aware that we need awp, but doing the same thing over and over just gets boring.
I suggest we do as Ked proposed, we alter some between the various raid spots.
Maybe a different spot each week? or each day of the weekend.
not saying we need to have it as a rule, but maybe as a general path?
Grinding the same place does get boring in the end.
Back to top Go down
Kinky Goblin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:14 pm

hmm very true. On the TSs thing it would have to have some pretty major rules associated and I would imagine it would be like 2 9 man parties moving through APW together and joining for the bosses, each MT working together etc etc... ofc its only in my tiny mind atm so prolly not the best idea i have ever come up with.

A thought on variation and APw... APW is still where the gear is...(although now we are starting to reliase what bugs hamper us aka warrior of light and I suspect similar on sillio) anyway the gear is kinda needed for other things (certainly seems so anyway) how about this idea.
Just do APw once a week no more. I spend a little time with the healers and get them attuned to say the storehouse portal using my hero call and we over a day use me and anyone else to call in everyone (hour cooldown ) just for that purpose.
It will mean we can appraoch the lower entrance from reverse (save bashing x77 and x83, though in fact almost at the point where x77 can be ignored now anyway) it also mean you can crack on at the storehouse.

From what I can tell after the storehouse is where APW gets difficult and beyond us as it stands and thats vicus, travix, soulwhatever his name is, 2 storehouse named and sillio... quite a few varied fights...

I know I am not in guild atm, but (if welcome) I still very much want to try and support and basically push you guys along a bit, the raiding with you for the most part has been an absolute pleasure, which is the main reason behind my posts in the first place tbh. Good luck whatever you decde to do, I will continue to throw curve balls in the form of suggestions and ofc you know where I am if you want me for anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kedon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:39 pm

All good points, though as for the loot there are some very, very nice drops in Old Targonor, best outside of raids really (a step above swamp and crafted gear certainly). Though the bosses are tough and locked to single groups, comparable to Pharoh in difficulty (some being a bit easier a couple maybe a bit harder) and it will take multiple attempts to learn how they work.

As for TSS, something we should seriously have everyone discuss together then we can decide one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mho
Admin

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-07-23

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:00 pm

I have nothing against a kinda alliance with TSS for raids and maybe other
stuff as well, but I am not sure if KinkyGoblin AKA Rashy should be the
operative in this case ... this is not related to his problems with Aenedor,
but to the the fact Rashy isn't a member of MNR nor a member of TSS.
Personally I'd rather prefer Rashy/KinkyGoblin to clear his own status first.

You, Rashy, recently told me, to plan playing WAR and you don't like to be
a part of MNR actually ... please, clear this first befor you start involving us
as a guild into cooperations, you maybe don't have to hold yourself.

Don't get me wrong, I personally would love to have you with us again, but
for me, that would be a pre-requirement.
Than we still can decide who makes the contacts and conclusions.

Kinky Goblin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:27 pm

I thought the Wink made me as a middleman tongue in cheek lol... sorry not to be clear... no i would not sort this out (though i would prolly have a chat with aen).

and no I am not in MNR at this time and I would not intend to accompany you on this endeavour, though i (if welcome) will continue to support mnr raids when needed.

My status is not going to change (the bit about mnr was to you not to the forums) and I will not be going into WAR at all... I really wanted to but missing the starting months like I did I sidelined the entire idea. So thats me atm, I am talking to a couple of guilds that have approached me but as of yet no decisions have been made... I have chatted to shad/moony as to my reasons but they are still my own and will stay that way.

no more can I say as I know no more myself... but this post is not about me, I am just 'bouncing ideas' for guild raids based on conversations and observances over the last 2 weeks and beyond.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shad
Admin

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:01 pm

well, we only need 3 more shoulder parts to kit out the remaining current team, so i think we should get those before anything else. Ked, Vici and Wisey left to get I think. Hopefully get two of those this weekend.

I am really quite reluctant to enter into any official alliance. We have developed our own easy going style which everyone seems to enjoy and I do not want to lose that. Everyone gets to join in, no matter how proficient they are and regardless of their class. I really don't want to sacrifice that for the sake of some uber loot. We all got this far by sheer persistence, despite not being the best organized or equipped so why should any of our guys who would like to play, miss out because TSS are entitled to 9 places or whatever?

I would suggest two ways forward (just my ideas),

a/ we spend the coming weeks whenever possible helping our newer guys to group and level up until they can join in the raid team, even if this means a couple more recruits to give us an overspill to cover absentees. This would have the advantage of them getting used to our laid back and easy going playstyle too, which may not be suitable for everyone.

OR.....

b/ we all sign a raid post on our forum each week in a special section, say everyone who is coming must sign up by thursday if it's a saturday raid, then on thursday once we know the numbers from our side, we can let TSS (if they want to come) know how many places we have free for them in group 3, (its up to them if they want to go in group 4 also). Whilst I am more than happy to welcome TSS guys along on our raids, I am keen to maintain that they are OUR raids, run OUR way and OUR guys come first. That way theres no discussion over anything and our guys always get first refusal on joining before other guilds members , which i feel is how it should be tbh. That's why we are guilded together after all. Just imagine how it may feel if all your guildies are off raiding with TSS on raid night and you are left alone cos there wasn't enough room, or even how bad you would feel leaving one guy behind, my conscience wouldn't let me do it so i'd inevitably swap and be the guy left behind each time Crying or Very sad

As for other content, I'll join in anything. Maybe have a weekly forum poll for friday and saturday nights activities, so everyone can vote? heck, we all have alts, maybe do some lower content too so the newer guys can join in?

I really would like to get Ked, Vici and Wiseys shoulder moulds first though after all this time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogerhall/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freddric

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:20 am

i vote a plus i dont like it if a guy really wanted to join the raid and was left out myself bc there was no room and i hate to sign up for stuff like that but i hate to be the cause of a no raid bc of no show and i seen it happen twice in tss. i would like to see our members get the gear they need first as well. i guess its not an alliance i want but just more ppl for a raid maybe 2 or 3 or more maybe another monk Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kinky Goblin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:23 am

I am sure you will hear about it but i think this idea is dead in the water anyway...

Nice to see all the positive comments about hunts etc and after 9 manning x77 tonight I think you guys are laughing anyway... nice job there btw Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Freddric

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:03 am

think you are sooo right Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shad
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:11 pm

ummm yea, sorry bout that guys Suspect

I think we can now disregard option b of my suggestions due to unforseen circumstances and me being a bit highly strung at times shads

dammit, that last emote even has my name on it Embarassed

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nexxus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:43 pm

How about we just offer any free spots to TSS ... and if anyone from them wanna join they may, on our conditions etc?
Back to top Go down
Kedon
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:56 pm

All right puppy what have you done this time?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shad
Admin

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:23 pm

it was Conros, she started it Wink

Needless to say that aside from Levyne who we remember as a top guy, after recent events, I don't think putting me in a dangerous place with certain other individuals from there would help us get past the front gates before it kicked off.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:47 pm

I did not start it............ you mangy mut.

Aenedor sent me an email, I was ok lazy I answered it on their forum :P then they called me names ............ taint my fault, they are all MAD, and ya I got that urky I let him see our forum because it seems to bug him I duno.

Anyhow dont look my way, all I did was answer a simple email with more thaught that the word NO and that got us out of the TSS thing :P kinda. *shrug*

So next time I try to be nice just kick the crap out of me huh save the bother of anyone else :P man I really let myself in for that one, raiding ha you have no chance if thats how they feel to be honest, and of course my Knight stuck up for me (which is nice) and hell broke loose, then Malt errrhem Smile which was even cuter Smile hes gone up 100% in the cute stakes now.

I like Stridderrr even though hes got way to many d's n r's (jk) and a few of the ones that we have grouped with in the swamps, but I am easy going ill do what ever. Although I can't see the TSS thing happening now, fur would be flying, skin on the floor etc.

....................................................................................................
On another note I don't understand all this point system and why it matters if you are playing with friends, its not as if anyone won't get their stuff eventually, I like the way we do it even if Nexus pays little attention to my rolls lol until after Smile Smile imabadboy

As for others joining us cant see a prob in that really, the roll system is fair but lets never do a group 4 really don't like that. Never stoped anyone thus far not that anyones asked in apw strangely (I think shad must smell the place out no ones ever asked to raid with us Very Happy)

Admin

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:57 pm

Admin wrote:
even if Nexus pays little attention to my rolls
Dude, could be due to the fact I'm prolly the most laid back player you'll ever encounter in this guild Sleep
Most of the time I don't even bother about gear until someone throws it on me... Hell, I still wear blue stuff on Ghildrow, even the weapons ...
But I manage somehow... Shocked
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2007-11-17

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:58 pm

Nexxus wrote:
Admin wrote:
Dude, could be due to the fact I'm prolly the most laid back player you'll ever encounter in this guild Sleep
Most of the time I don't even bother about gear until someone throws it on me... Hell, I still wear blue stuff on Ghildrow, even the weapons ...

The word is not laid back its dopey :Nandy: :Nandy: :Nandy:

Admin

Number of posts : 704

PostSubject: Re: TSS   Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:59 pm

Admin wrote:
Nexxus wrote:
Admin wrote:

The word is not laid back its dopey :Nandy: :Nandy: :Nandy:

Yup sorry Nexus I have to agree with Admin its dopey 🤣 🤣 🤣
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.zazzle.com/moonlake
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TSS   

Back to top Go down

TSS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners :: M.N.R. in General - THE MIDNIGHT RUNNERS :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: