M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners

Welcome to The Midnight Runners guild.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWEBSITE LINK

Plat Farming for Babies

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Raphael diSanto

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-05-27

Plat Farming for Babies Empty
PostSubject: Plat Farming for Babies   Plat Farming for Babies Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:40 pm

.. yeah.. get yer platz here, at low levels, then you can be set for the L30 mount without worrying about it .. or something..

Anyway. This Saturday, 1pm UK time. A friend (non-guilded) and I will be smacking Squinky a bunch of times. That's SQUINKMAR THE DESTROYER, a repeat-spawnable mob in the Tomb of Lord Tsang chunk. He's level 14 (4 dots, I think), which means that 18 is about as high as you can go and still get coins from him..

I am by no means obsessed with platinum coins and/or racial mounts like some players. i.e. I'm not about to camp SEER WHITEFEATHER at level 11 500 times. However, it is very easy to see that they're significantly easier to get at lower levels. Alas, my "mains" are too high to get them easily any more, so poor Syrallian and Tarsk will have to just deal with it and get 'em as they get 'em.

With that in mind.. I've taken to getting a good portion of 'em at mid-teens level, either from SEER WHITEFEATHER in the Vault of Heroes chunk or by farming Squinky.. Just because if I can get a good portion of the 50 needed for the L30 mount it means I don't have to worry so much about getting the entire 50 by level 30.

The SEER's easy, and solo-able, but doesn't pop every time and 10 minutes is a long time to wait and do nothing, especially when you might not get him anyway, hehe.. Takes longer to farm Squinky shards, but at least you're doing something.

So, that being said - I'm going to be farming Squinky shards (which drop for all levels and are tradable yay Smile ) for the next two days, and come Saturday my friend and I will be killing him at least as many times as I've managed to farm shards for, and we may hang around and farm some more, too. We'll see.

Thus.. Anyone who wants coins on a mid-teens alt (and thus not have to worry so much about getting 'em as you level to 30) is more than welcome to join us - which does raise the question.. If we have more than 6, do plat coins drop if you're set up as a raid?
Back to top Go down
Malty
Admin
Malty

Number of posts : 1395
Registration date : 2008-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Plat Farming for Babies   Plat Farming for Babies Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:54 pm

there is an easier mob than this for plat coins around the same level which is near the juggler...cant remember the name of the place but the mob spawns every 15 mins and is lvl 15 ( i think ) 2dot :Dance Monkey B
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Plat Farming for Babies   Plat Farming for Babies Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:56 pm

plats drop in raid as far as i know, well, they do in apw for sure.

if you get desperate on your mains, we found zifuur to be the best bet at cragwind ridge. I think hes campable into late 30's. Half hour spawner alas though. He sits in the main cave at the top of the troll/crusher whatever they are, cliff, pinnacle doo dah.

Also in mid to higher 20's theres a couple plat droppers close together by the rat men guys in northern qualia, just get the quest flyer from the drake riders on the beach and your all set. One mob is a named rat atop the areas to be mapped on that questline, the other is a blobby elemental thing that sits in the bog below the buildings. Both are a 15/20 minute repop i think. Not too bad a respawn as it take a few mins going and killing the second after you done the first.

yea, the one by the juggler is seer whitefeather Malty, in what has become known as 'camp Murgos'.
Back to top Go down
Malty
Admin
Malty

Number of posts : 1395

PostSubject: Re: Plat Farming for Babies   Plat Farming for Babies Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:01 pm

There is also the Main Boss in tricksters who drops plat coins that are obtainable by lvl 50's
Back to top Go down
Raphael diSanto

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Plat Farming for Babies   Plat Farming for Babies Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 6:23 pm

Shad wrote:
plats drop in raid as far as i know, well, they do in apw for sure.

if you get desperate on your mains, we found zifuur to be the best bet at cragwind ridge. I think hes campable into late 30's. Half hour spawner alas though. He sits in the main cave at the top of the troll/crusher whatever they are, cliff, pinnacle doo dah.

Also in mid to higher 20's theres a couple plat droppers close together by the rat men guys in northern qualia, just get the quest flyer from the drake riders on the beach and your all set. One mob is a named rat atop the areas to be mapped on that questline, the other is a blobby elemental thing that sits in the bog below the buildings. Both are a 15/20 minute repop i think. Not too bad a respawn as it take a few mins going and killing the second after you done the first.

yea, the one by the juggler is seer whitefeather Malty, in what has become known as 'camp Murgos'.

Thanks Shad, I'll check the Ksaravi Beach ones out. I hadn't heard of them before.

And yeah, Seer's level 11 2-dot, 10 minute respawn. Easiest plat mob in the game, but after camping him for an hour I usually want to gouge my own eyes out with a spoon Smile
Back to top Go down
Kinky Goblin
Admin
Kinky Goblin

Number of posts : 632

PostSubject: Re: Plat Farming for Babies   Plat Farming for Babies Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:00 pm

If I am about on psoriasis or rashy give me a shout and I will log tendoallar my little BM, I have enough coins but am happy to help out if you need the numbers/healer. Note I have not played the toon in 2 months but after 30 minutes I am sure I will be fine.
The good thing about APW caps bosses are that they drop the ancient coins which are not faction restricted.

sorry to hijack but go me *\o/*

Plat Farming for Babies Lobster3

Plat Farming for Babies Lobster1

I still prefer Scrofs Gataro (below since I am hijacking) but the lobster has some awesome little animations when sitting still and rather than rear up on hind legs he lets out a little roar.

Plat Farming for Babies Mount13
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Plat Farming for Babies   Plat Farming for Babies Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:04 pm

lol, pic 2 he looks like he's drving some kind of antique jcb, shame it doesn't come in bright yellow.

grats on the lobby rash, i always kinda liked them.
Back to top Go down
Fe'ai

Fe'ai

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Plat Farming for Babies   Plat Farming for Babies Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 3:17 pm

Count me in for future farming of plats.. tomorrow I'll be running my dog in competitions all day so can't be there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plat Farming for Babies   Plat Farming for Babies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plat Farming for Babies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners :: M.N.R. in General - THE MIDNIGHT RUNNERS :: General Chit Chat-
Jump to: