M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners

Welcome to The Midnight Runners guild.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWEBSITE LINK

Disciples. *urgent*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinky Goblin
Admin
Kinky Goblin

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Disciples. *urgent* Empty
PostSubject: Disciples. *urgent*   Disciples. *urgent* Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 1:50 pm

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts/list.m?topic_id=49973

suggest you post if your interested/play the disciple. Inner light is getting shafted.
Back to top Go down
Kinky Goblin
Admin
Kinky Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Disciples. *urgent*   Disciples. *urgent* Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 9:41 pm

Looks like a heal over time aura will replace the problematic aspect of this ability.

I am pretty dubious, mainly because of the stacking etc that was in inner light (stacking with other discs not just the heal bonus purities and petal chains).

Will be on trest this weekend so will be interesting to see whats what. loks like it will go live real quick which makes me think we will again be bugged to fuck for a while.
Back to top Go down
Kinky Goblin
Admin
Kinky Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Disciples. *urgent*   Disciples. *urgent* Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:30 pm

Well what it looks like we have at this stage is a HoT aura that does not stack with heal enhancing buffs and does not always proc properly. So rather than 300-400 a tic heal we are getting a 75 or so heal a tic. I have not been able to test this with another Disc as IL used to stack...
Pretty signifigant nerf i think, certainly will remove our ability to heal a MT at all given the strength of our other heals and all but removes our ability to heal the group we are in.

Am still hoping this is not whats gonna go live but I have my doubts since the devs are not talking anymore (ie they do not know how to make the new inner light stack but are gonna change it anyway), since this issue directly affects server performance I think we will see it happen in a screwed up state as this was causing some chunks to crash/raid bosses to bug.
Back to top Go down
Fe'ai

Fe'ai

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Disciples. *urgent*   Disciples. *urgent* Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:37 pm

Kinky Goblin wrote:
Well what it looks like we have at this stage is a HoT aura that does not stack with heal enhancing buffs and does not always proc properly. So rather than 300-400 a tic heal we are getting a 75 or so heal a tic.

I can't read the VG forums here so difficult to comment without the full details. I assume the problem was the amount of heal per tic, rather than the actual buff itself?

Doesn't seem a good solution. I'd be hopeful there'd be some compensation for the disciples in whatever way is possible.
Back to top Go down
Kinky Goblin
Admin
Kinky Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Disciples. *urgent*   Disciples. *urgent* Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:44 pm

Its actually because basically the ability was proccing a group heal every hit... and the calculations of this (especially when stacking with buffs other healers and discs) was horrendous given that there is a lot more aoe in the game now. It healed energy, endurance life etc every hit then there is the range calculation of the individual members of the party etc etc and a few other things ikik would not be drawn on.

Thats why they changed it to a pulsing heal aura, which is fine (it also means less aggro) but they cannot make it stack with anything so it has become a class breaking nerf. Since Inner light is at the heart of the way you play your disc.

Note - there is also a cleric ability with a smaller but similar problem that will be changed in the future...
Back to top Go down
Fe'ai

Fe'ai

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Disciples. *urgent*   Disciples. *urgent* Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:11 pm

Kinky Goblin wrote:
Note - there is also a cleric ability with a smaller but similar problem that will be changed in the future...

Gah, can't recall what it's called but I know the ability. Darn useful too ... or at least it was Moan
Back to top Go down
Kinky Goblin
Admin
Kinky Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Disciples. *urgent*   Disciples. *urgent* Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 8:43 pm

Fe'ai wrote:
Kinky Goblin wrote:

Gah, can't recall what it's called but I know the ability. Darn useful too ... or at least it was Moan

Its not beeing changed yet

I think the testing of the IL stuff will form the basis of any future changes.
Back to top Go down
Moonlake
Admin
Moonlake

Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Disciples. *urgent*   Disciples. *urgent* Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:30 pm

*blocks eyes, plugs up ears* lalalala its not happening lalalalalalaaaaaa.
Back to top Go down
http://www.zazzle.com/moonlake
Raphael diSanto

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Disciples. *urgent*   Disciples. *urgent* Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:10 pm

Games change. It's the nature of MMOs. You just have to adapt.
Back to top Go down
Kinky Goblin
Admin
Kinky Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Disciples. *urgent*   Disciples. *urgent* Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Disciple Changes

- Inner Light has been fixed to work as an aura.

- Inner Light should now properly heal life, energy and endurance.

- Feign Death refresh timer has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.

- Paralyzing Sweep will now stop auto attack.

- Increased the damage on the Ra’Jin Flare line.

- Reduced the amount of Jin needed for Ra’Jin Flare II & III.

- Fixed the tooltip for Kiss of the Slug in the spellbook. It will now display the correct damage and strength amounts.

- Removed the Endowment of Balance secret chain. The effects from this endowment have been moved to both Celestial Tiger and Immortal Jade Dragon forms.

- Endowment of Mastery & Endowment of Enmity have had their durations increased from 10 minutes to 20 minutes.

- Increased the aggro reduction amount slightly on the Soul Cutter line.

- Increased the heal amount slightly on the Lao'Jin Flare line.

These are the disco changes.... totally dumbed the class down, the micromanagement was what made it fun what a load of crap, though kudos that that have addressed the issues with IL.
Looks like they want Vanguard to become a game of easy mode after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disciples. *urgent*   Disciples. *urgent* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disciples. *urgent*
Page 1 of 1