DDO Unlimited ...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nexxus
Admin

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: DDO Unlimited ...   Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:36 pm

Hm, slowly I seem to get a grip on the Unlimited concept...
Dungeon's & Dragons Online, is going to be free of charge apparently.
You can still opt to be a paying customer, and get some advantages as VIP, or you can just enjoy the game for free, and be able to get upgrades an other stuff from an online store...
well that seems like a good idea maybe?
Still paying so I guess that makes me a VIP then Smile
Seems the the Ultimate thingie is planned to be released during September sometime.
Well considering there is a new module just being released, incl a new class and loads of new stuff, that not a bad bargain if yo U ask me. :Im Shaun The S
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.playboy.com
Nexxus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DDO Unlimited ...   Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Seems it has opened up already ...
http://www.ddo.com/playnow/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDO Unlimited ...   Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:03 pm

May I bring you up to speed, as it I who has caused this confusion.

The Unlimited version is only available in America, and has American servers. Codemasters have not adopted the same business plan as Turbine so to date Europe still has Stormreach only. (If you follow the link to DDO.Com on the page cited above and then click on the EU flag it takes you to the EU site).

However, apparently module 9 of Stormreach includes all the features of Unlimited, though I am unsure whether that also applies to a Hi Res version.

Originally planned to be released in August in America, Unlimited was put back to September and Module 9 was rescheduled to be released at the same time. To date I have not seen any reference to say that Codemasters are going to take up Unlimited; please let me know is there is.

Hope this help.
Back to top Go down
Nexxus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DDO Unlimited ...   Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Ok, that makes more sense I guess since I haven't seen any info about Unlimited on the European ddo-site ...
It still does say I'm a VIP when I login though Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDO Unlimited ...   Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:45 pm

You get what you pay for.

Made my decision and downloading Stormreach now; once it is patched, etc. I will see what it looks like over the weekend or on Monday.
Still recommend people having a look at Champions Online though ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDO Unlimited ...   Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:34 pm

I am beginning to find this whole DDO thing tiresome.

Downloaded the full client as recommended on the DDO-Europe download page and it required me to add the key code. Only after enquiring with Codemasters does it become clear that one has to either download the 10 or 14 day trial version, or buy a copy (digital is both 7.99 or 19.99 from the same company)!

There is definately no free to play option with Codemasters.

Frankly this whole thing is becoming more hassle then it is worth.....

*Sounds of footsteps receding and door closing*
Back to top Go down
Freddric

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: DDO Unlimited ...   Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:36 pm

lol!

All this trouble to waste time playing games
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: DDO Unlimited ...   Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:08 pm

* In bad Austrian accented English *

So Freddric, why do you feel guilty about playing games?"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DDO Unlimited ...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:07 pm

Discovering that a couple of others last night were going to look at this game I overcome my irritation and finally I think got to the bottom of being able to play this game (played some last night).

There are 3 ways in which I now know one can check this game out. But first DDO Unlimited can only be played via the American servers, DDO Stormreach is the game that we are playing; this apparently now having all the features of DDO Unlimited.

There are 3 known ways to install DDO Stormreach that I know work, 4 if you include tracking down a hard copy, etc.

1. Install the 14 day free trial version and then patch it. Usual conditions, limited facilities but more than enough to get a flavour of the game.
  2. Purchase the digital version advertised on the offical European web site. ( advertised as 19.99) First 30 days free and then usual subs, etc.
  3. Download the full client version via the official web site, and patch it, etc. Then use the link in the mini launch screen to purchase the game for 7.99 (Same people who would sell it to you for 19.99), which will allow you to download another copy, but more importantly provide you with a key code so that you can play the game installed via the offical web site. This way allows you to play the full game for 30 days before paying for your first subs.

I would spare those who may be interested in checking this game out from the hassle that I went through.
Back to top Go down
Nexxus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: DDO Unlimited ...   Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:00 pm

for me it was pretty easy to get DDO going again, just put in the old DVD, and patch it, and then I was good to go Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DDO Unlimited ...   

Back to top Go down

DDO Unlimited ...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1