M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners

Welcome to The Midnight Runners guild.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWEBSITE LINK

DarkFall

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nexxus
Admin
Nexxus

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-07-28

DarkFall Empty
PostSubject: DarkFall   DarkFall Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 2:01 pm

Seems this is the next most hyped games coming outsoon (Januari I think)
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm?game=4&bhcp=1

Looks like this game could be something for dogs with an interest in fishing Smile
http://www.darkfallonline.com/gallery/races/mahirim_10?full=1

May be worth trying out ... seems to have som nice feature, although I'm not too shure about the graphic so far.

Anyway, here is a 17 min long video.
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/4/view/videos/play/1284
Back to top Go down
http://www.playboy.com
Kinky Goblin
Admin
Kinky Goblin

Number of posts : 632
Registration date : 2008-07-09

DarkFall Empty
PostSubject: Re: DarkFall   DarkFall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:06 am

I was trying to send him that movie last night lol... been watching the development of this for about a year now.

things to note.. OPEN pvp EVERYWHERE.

Pay to play no information available.

Retail boxes cost and availability no information available

Release 22nd January. Eu only. (US players are already saying they will go to euro servers just to gank and learn the game and then reroll on US servers when they are launxhed (at some undisclosed point after)

Digital purchase No information available (though it is rumoured to be the only way to get the game)

Trial period.. the devs said 4 months ago they would not expect anyone not to try before you buy but as of yet ... guess what no information available.

Basically there is no real info available a few confirmed things through websites but very little..
Given this is 2 weeks away (and atm an absence of open beta or concrete info) I am wondering if this will be a dark and light style game ie actually crap.. I hope not as it is an ope world, open skill system that looks great (bar the extreme pvp) but then you join a big guild and cross your fingers the fear of guild war decs does a lot in Eve i think it will be the same here lol.

as soon as I see any info from official forums I will post here.
Back to top Go down
Kinky Goblin
Admin
Kinky Goblin

DarkFall Empty
PostSubject: Re: DarkFall   DarkFall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:07 am

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

thats a link to the darkfall news thread. be warned about posting on the forums the yanks are total twats that post there.
Back to top Go down
Nexxus
Admin
Nexxus

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-07-28

DarkFall Empty
PostSubject: Re: DarkFall   DarkFall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:28 am

Yes, the downside of the game seems to be the total PvP .. .although if you do kill someone without a reason you are marked as evil and will have a hard time in the game it's said.
I'm not sure this is a a game for me ... just thought it could be worth mention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.playboy.com
Kinky Goblin
Admin
Kinky Goblin

DarkFall Empty
PostSubject: Re: DarkFall   DarkFall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 8:00 pm

I think I am in a very similar spot, it looks awesome enough and open enough. In fact from so little info it looks too perfect.. If a trial comes out thats fre to try in some form (open beta or whatever) I would give it a balst at some stage i think for sure.
Back to top Go down
Mho
Admin
Mho

Number of posts : 943
Registration date : 2008-07-23

DarkFall Empty
PostSubject: Re: DarkFall   DarkFall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 11:13 pm

Nexxus wrote:
Yes, the downside of the game seems to be the total PvP .. .although if you do kill someone without a reason you are marked as evil and will have a hard time in the game it's said.
I'm not sure this is a a game for me ... just thought it could be worth mention.
haha, nice new siggy you got ... ;-) ...
Back to top Go down
Kinky Goblin
Admin
Kinky Goblin

DarkFall Empty
PostSubject: Re: DarkFall   DarkFall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 9:38 am

We know that the community has been speculating and wondering about the Darkfall release for some time. We haven’t replied until now because there were several complex issues to plan and work out. We also needed to get authorization before we could proceed with this official announcement:

Starting on January 22nd there will be a Darkfall trial with the distribution of the release candidate client allowing thousands of players to sample the game for free, help us stress test our servers and test the final features of the game.

It’s important to understand that there are well over 200 thousand applications by players wanting to get into Darkfall. This number makes it unrealistic to distribute the client and to open up our servers to everyone. We’ll try to accommodate as many players as are possible for us to manage at this stage. Even so, the demand exceeds our current capacity. Interest in Darkfall has surpassed all our expectations to the point that we may need to manage our release differently.

The date of the Darkfall European commercial release has been pushed back to February 25th, 2009. A pre-order will be made available mid-February. The pre-orders will get priority for early access to the game. The pre-orders will also get priority for the game launch if we have to go to a staged release. We’ll go to a staged release only in the case we have more demand than we can handle properly, and until we can upgrade our capacity. The pre-orders are necessary so that we can have some measure of the demand.

The reasons for the new release date follow:

At this stage, everything is connected: Hundreds of elements need to come together. When one thing falls behind, everything else tends to follow.
Demand for Darkfall at launch could be much higher than expected. If this is the case, we need a different process to better handle the demand.
Darkfall’s partners (distribution, billing, account management, support, etc.) entered into the game at a late date and we needed more time than expected to integrate properly.
We fell behind on a couple of weeks of beta testing progress and we need to make this time up. We need more playtesting data on several features we haven’t had much chance to test externally.
We’ll use this extra time to implement updates based on tester feedback and also make some enhancements we were saving for after release.
We want as many players as possible in the game before the launch and we haven’t had the chance to stress test our servers with live players yet.
We underestimated the effect the holidays would have on our preparations. While we worked through them, the world around us seemed to stop.
We don’t want to rush things more than needed. An extra month may not seem like a lot of time, but it’s enough to allow us to take care of any compounded delays.

Our hope for Darkfall is to have a good game with a tight player base that we can nurture and steadily build up. Hype surrounding Darkfall is huge right now, despite our best efforts. We’re not sure how this will translate on launch day but we have to make allowances for the possibility that demand could be more than we anticipate.

Announcements will follow with more information on Darkfall pricing, pre-ordering information, North American player access, and system specifications.

The Darkfall Team

--------------------------------

not really surprising given release is 6 days away and no announcements were made till this lol... looks like a game to allow to settle first even though that puts you at a pvp disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
Orakio

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-10-08

DarkFall Empty
PostSubject: Re: DarkFall   DarkFall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 10:30 pm

Not sure about this, I am quite sceptic. I tend to put a "dark&light" horror scenario forward for any game that makes promises on this scale pirat
Back to top Go down
Kinky Goblin
Admin
Kinky Goblin

DarkFall Empty
PostSubject: Re: DarkFall   DarkFall Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:56 pm

I thought D n L too actually... on the one hand a pushed back date because of demand shows a switched on Dev team, on the other given beta application numbers and forum sign ins I am a lil worried... time will tell... regardless I will try to try it on the 22nd... but the total pvp is a cause for worry...

If i get in I will post open beta thoughts and screenies... I prefer PvE though always will.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DarkFall Empty
PostSubject: Re: DarkFall   DarkFall Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DarkFall
Page 1 of 1