M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.N.R. TheMidnightRunners

Welcome to The Midnight Runners guild.

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inWEBSITE LINK

Everquest Free To Play

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
shad
Admin
shad

Number of posts : 1334
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Everquest Free To Play Empty
PostSubject: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 11:19 am

Had a play on the new EQ Extended server last night. Seems fun enough, and not seen an immediate need to use the cash shop. Only intended to check it out and ended up hooked all evening. Seems a good way to try out the game, handy if like us you're one of the few that never played it.

Very quick download, just log in with your Vanguard Station Account username and password.

http://everquest2.com/free_to_play/game_overview
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2010-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 1:37 pm

Yeah, EQ2 is actually a good game but with EQ2 F2P your actually better off buying it if you play full time, I'll nip on later and look you up Shad, is Swashbuckler on of the F2P classes?

I will give you one tip - at least this works on the pay servers - harvest, harvest, harvest - some of the mundane resources go for a lot of cash - I've had hundreds of gold and even a couple of plat just through harvesingt by mid teens (in terms of level).

Edit: A second tip when starting out is to take the tradeskill that upgrades your spells/weapon abililties, have you tried the crafting mini game yet, while not as fun as VGs its deeper than most of what passes for crafting in MMOs these days.
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:30 pm

hmm, no wonder soe bought vg, there's really not much difference is there? I feel a bit of a dumbass for never playing EQ before scratch

Dead cheep on steam too http://store.steampowered.com/app/24230/

now just could do with knowing if anyone else fancies it cos yea, it's a much better deal to play the old servers for a monthly sub, as you say Chara. The f2p is a great way to try it out though. I'd buy it now, but kinda pointless if anyone else decides to play it on the f2p server.

Yea I got a bank full of harvestables and just tried the crafting, also got me a starter home and a horsey Very Happy. No swashbucklers on f2p though.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Well I'l play on either free or pay Shad if you want to keep it up, can't afford to subscribe until next week, my overdraft is maxed, I've got a bit of a stash of station cash from old subscriptions though, I think I've got everything except the last expansion in terms of the game.

There was some speculation that SOE bought VG and ran it down to keep folks subbing to EQ2. I'll pop on later on F2P and give you a shout if your on. Shame about the Swashy its my favourite class by far.
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:14 pm

decided buying the dload is the cheepest option, esp at 20 quid inc a free month.

Any particular server chara?
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:19 pm

There's a way of selecting the EU servers from the launcher, it used to be by selecting EU English but I've no idea from the new launcher, either splitpaw or runnyeye are equally as good, US servers Antonia Bayle has a good rep - its flagged RP but there is a large non RP population.

Last edited by Charakan on Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Ok mate cheers!

Just checking if there's one you're already set up on that you'd prefer.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:22 pm

I'll DL the streaming client and have a look.
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:24 pm

oki doki
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:40 pm

My station account is acting up atm I can get in but I can't get to the subscription page, I'll have a cup of tea and give it another go in a minute.
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 6:52 pm

yea same, can't register my eq acct at the minute.

Meanwhile BIG download.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:02 pm

Its working now Shad, once you've registered, the Sub game has a streaming client similar to extended
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:24 pm

OK I got in on the streaming client, my toons are all around the old starting areas of Qeynos and Freeport, since theris no bugger there, I'll start gain are we going good or evil? (affects race and class choice).
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:34 pm

ohh i dunno lol were no good/evil choices on free. Better get back to you once moonie makes her mind up lol

Evil gets my vote though cos i want a dreddy Suspect
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 7:51 pm

OK its not really that important since I remembered they can communicate and group up on PVE servers they just need to stay away from each others cities, if we're going evil I'll either roll a Brigand or an Assassin.

Edit: Probably Brig since I prefer melee DPS, if we're going good I'll roll a swashie, there are good, neutral and evil race tabs on the selection box, neutral races can decide which faction.
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:12 pm

aye seen the tabs on f2p.

Acct registered now, still dloading though.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:29 pm

Well if you just go to the Everquest2 page and click get the game/download you'll get the streaming client and can play after a 90 MB download, but its up to you. Smile
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 8:49 pm

ohh lol.

well its down and patching now ....... hoping that wont take long

edit..............patching mega slow (12gig mind).

umm silly question but why am i dloading a 12 gig patch if i can play with a 90 meg dload? Isnt the streaming client just f2p?
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:11 pm

Nah if you skip past play free and go to the eq2 page and DL from there you get the streaming client for the pay game, its a bit slow on zoning though. I rolled a Kerra Brigand on Splitpaw started in Neriak since I prefer the zone, toons name is Cylas.
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:19 pm

hmmm, keeps insisting i load the eqx client, maybe cos i been using that? Only 2.5 meg left to patch though, may as well wait now....time for a coffee lol.

OK so splitpaw........will starting areas matter when it comesw to guilding/playing as a group etc?

1.3 meg left to patch

Last edited by shad on Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:25 pm

Well Shad, the geography is totally different to when I used to play in terms of starting zones, I think we should be together, but if you want to play good or something let me know and I'll reroll.

Edit: I seem to remember you needed 5 or 6 to start a guild but I could be wrong.
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:29 pm

yea 6 to start a guild, dunno why they inswist on that tbh.

prob try lotsa zones, toons etc before settling into one, thats the usual messy way lol.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:34 pm

OK, will you be on vent in a bit? Its easier than typing!
Back to top Go down
shad
Admin
shad

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 9:35 pm

yea was on a few mins ago but was no one there, just grabbing a cuppa an ill be back on.
Back to top Go down
Charakan

Charakan

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2011 10:08 pm

Great my mikes knackered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everquest Free To Play   Everquest Free To Play Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everquest Free To Play
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next